Public Land Oryx/Gemsbok Hunts
White Sands Hunt Dates
Any weapon: Sept. 2017 – Feb. 2018
McGregor Range Hunt Dates
Two day hunts: one in December, one in January
2×1: $1,500 plus 8% tax
1×1: $2,250 plus 8% tax
No Frills Package
2×1: $1,250 plus 8% tax
1×1: $1,800 plus 8% tax
White Sands License
Nonresident – $1,630
Resident – $161
Access fee after drawing to WSMR –$150
Kiowa Hunting Service offers hunts for free ranging Oryx (Gemsbok) on White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) and also on McGregor Range. We are one of the few licensed outfitters operating on both of the ranges and have been there since outfitters were legally allowed on WSMR. The WSMR and the McGregor Range hunts are public land hunts and the licenses are allocated by drawing. There are numerous hunts to apply for on the WSMR hunts beginning in September of 2017 and run through February of 2018. McGregor Range hunts are normally in December or January. WSMR hunts are three days hunts and McGregor Range hunts are two day hunts.
WSMR hunts are once in a lifetime while McGregor Range hunts are not. If you have already hunted on WSMR then you can trophy hunt again on McGregor Range. The other option for someone that has held a WSMR permit is to apply for the broken horn hunt on WSMR.
We offer two hunt packages for the Public hunts:
All Inclusive Package:
- Transportation to the hunt area from motel and transportation during the hunt utilizing our vehicles.
- Motel accommodations, 1×1 hunt single occupancy, 2×1 hunt double occupancy.
- All meals and snacks from the night before the hunt to the end of the hunt.
- Guide for either a 1×1 or 2×1 hunt
- Trophy preparation (caping) by a taxidermist at the gate ($120.00 value)
- Lunch day meal and all snacks and drinks during the hunt
- Hunter is responsible for own accommodations, meals, and cost of trophy preparation if desired.
Oryx/Gemsbok Trophy Gallery
These images show our past customers and their Oryx trophies. Click an image to open the gallery.